Pin

August 13, 2010

I Call This Bag The Olivia Bag

I have found that when I make a new pattern of bag I must name it.  Usually after one of the many sweet girls in my family.  This Olivia bag is named for my dear sweet Olive, whom I love dearly.  She is three years old now and oh so precious!  She loves her baby dolls.  She takes great care of them.  She loves having her picture taken and whenever a camera pops out she is ready to pose and smile and say "Cheese!".  She is beautiful. 

This bag I named immediately upon having the idea of it. It just came to me as did the idea of it.





I'm sure there are many of this bag out there.  I dont kid myself to think that it is original in its shape or design but I did try to embellish it in an original way.


That is where the stitching came in.  First I was doing the "stuff" sections by hand and then I remembered that my new machine has free-motion sewing capability so I thus began to do them by machine.  Either way it is so much fun and I have been very pleased with the results.


For now my artistic ability, creative will and crafty desires are all speaking to me in the form of bags. And so it has been for quite a long time.  I have many, many bags of all shapes and sizes hanging around my creative space.  My female family members have been known to sport them around from time to time as well.


This is how it goes with me.  I get an inkling for a particular type of creativity and it just has to run its course.  I'm happy to indulge!  I love making pretty things.  At least I think they are pretty (or I would not make them!) 

I'm very blessed to have the time and the means to do these lovely little projects.  They make me happy and I hope they make others happy.  I want my blessings to reach those around me and that is all I can hope for.

God Bless!

Lisa

1 comment:

Evette said...

Hi Lis... I soooo Love the bags! There soooo pretty! And my baby girl looks pretty as ever!