Pin

September 23, 2010

KCWC Day Four


I finished!  I'm so thrilled to have completed this.   I'm not sure why but this has been a very gratifying project.  I liked the whole process.  I was kinda stuck here: (photo below).
I wasn't quite sure how it was going to come together.  I always have trouble at first to figure out how the liner is going to fit in the ...whatever it is I'm sewing at the moment with a liner.  This was no different.  I did spend quite a bit over an hour on this today but most of it was thinking about how to marry the two pieces so I do not feel like that counts toward my one hour.  Anyway I have a finished jacket.  I'm not crazy about the button, but that can be changed (and probably will be).  
And I hope to be able to try it on one very sweet little girl this weekend!  Tomorrow I will measure and see how close to a size 5 it actually finished at.  And I was going to make a little scarf, however, this wool is not the nicest I have felt and I don't think it will be very comfy on the skin which is why I lined every inch of it with the nice soft French General fabric.  

I really cant wait to try another piece of kids clothing.  I am very glad I took the opportunity to do this challenge.  Even if I didn't make a lot of pieces.  At least I finished the one I set out to finish!  That's good enough for me!

No comments: