Pin

October 19, 2010

It's Tuesday...Yay!

I have begun to immensely look forward to Fabric Tuesday!  I just love seeing how creative everyone is.  And then I spend the week gawking and trying to figure out how I can make those beautiful things!
Today I am adding another bag to the list.  I loovvee, love, love making bags!  I know I've said that before but it is still so true now.  I have been working on bags and I just got a nice tip from OhSewFresh.  I am in the midst of making a new bag but have some finishing up to do on it.

 And I really wanted to post one so I used one of my very favorites.  I call this the Olivia bag and I made it using all fabrics I had on hand.  I did the embroidery with some vintage silk twist.  I don't know what it is about the word stuff that I am stuck on.  I just like it.  So I sewed it.  I also added a large pocket on the inside.
I'll be finishing up a couple of projects I started this weekend very soon.  I hope to have some time to make myself a new bag soon.  In the meantime I have lots of embroidery to keep me going as I finally started doing the hand stitched portions of the quilt I will be making for a certain boy.  These are his own drawings.
I've got a stack to choose from!  I'm picking the ones he likes best.  Soon I'll have enough for the quilt.  Now I have to figure out how to put it together.  Any ideas??

3 comments:

QuilterMary said...

I also LOVE bags ... cute cute cute!

Sew Many Mamas said...

Cute bag! They are such fun to make and very useful!

Quiltstory said...

such a cute bag, I myself have made many too! And what a cute idea with the embroidery, I can't wait to see what you come up with!