Pin

October 15, 2010

Juxtaposition means

the act or an instance of placing two or more things side by side; also: the state of being so placed.  This is according to my favorite dictionary.  I like this word.  Always have, I think.  And guess what?  It is the word for this weeks So Sew challenge!
When I signed up with this Flickr group and so, this challenge, I had thought about all the different sewing projects I would be able to do.  Well, a scrapbook page was not one of them.  However, when I saw the word, this recent photo of my son came to mind.  I wanted to use it on a page and the word just fit the sentiment that I wanted to convey.  And this is what I came up with.
And there is actually quite a bit of sewing on the page.  I sewed the stars onto their backing with my machine. I sewed on the background to attach the green paper to the slate cardstock on the machine as well.  Then I added just a few bits of hand stitching around the circle.  Some of which eventually ended up covered by the other stuff.  I do like it.  And this picture is a favorite.  We were at a diner one Saturday morning.  I was playing with my camera.  He let me just keep snapping away even though he was getting grumpy because he had not had his breakfast yet.  He is such a good sport for me.  Thanks, Lovebug!

Have a good day!

No comments: