Pin

October 25, 2010

Quilting is Highly Addictive!

I can't stop quilting!  This is one bug I don't want to cure.  My hope is that by my 6,724th quilt, I will be an expert!  So far, I'm on my 3rd quilt.
This is a little, mini, baby quilt for a very special teacher who has a new baby girl.  This teacher is such a blessing!  She teaches the GT (gifted-talented) at my boys elementary school.  He is in 5th grade.  The start of last year was in GT at a different school and halfway through the year we moved and he started this new school.  Well, suffice it to say that this GT was very, very different from the previous.  He struggled through to the end of last year.
 This year we just had his first conference and it was so very outstanding!  He is her "hardest worker", he ran for student council (and won!), and his grades are excellent.  I'm so proud of him and so thankful that he has a teacher like her.  That is partially why I wanted to make her a little gift.
This pattern is from modabakeshop.com.  I did not use Moda fabrics, instead I used prints that I had on hand and I got the always wonderful Robert Kaufman Kona cotton in Snow.  I just love the weight of that fabric.  It is easy to work with and washes nicely.   I loved the pattern from the moment I saw it!  And it was easy enough, I thought, that I could do it.  The only part I am not pleased with is the quilting.  I don't know why it is so puckered, I guess, is the right word.  What am I doing wrong??  Anyway, it was fun and I'm pleased with the result.  I hope she likes it.  And I hope it works for baby.

Now I have to go make something for Fabric Tuesday!  My newly favorited day of the week!

No comments: