Pin

October 22, 2010

Week three was a doozy!


Overall, the So Sew challenges have been relatively easy.  I mean easy in that as soon as I saw the word for the week, I basically had an idea.  Except this week.  The word was circus.   I must say that this word took me by surprise and I had to think about this for a couple of days.
This is the finished item.  I don't really know what it is or what I'll use it for but I enjoyed making it.  It is a circus scene.  Complete with Big Top and well-trained animals.  And my favorite part, the flag bunting.
I was ready to try a couple of new techniques that I had no experience with.  One was appliqué.  I used Wonder Under for the piecing which was way simpler than I expected.  I think I would like to try this part again.  And the other is machine quilting around the design.  I have loved the look of this kind of quilting whenever I have seen it done but I am not so pleased with the way that it came out on this little piece.

Overall, it was fun to have this challenge this week.  I like that it made me go outside of my comfort zone in a way.  And I have to give credit to my little artist for making those cutsey little animals for me!  Thanks, Rae!
Stop by and check out the others' contributions on the Flickr group.  There was an adorable shirt and another elephant made an appearance as well.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Louisa said...

How unbelievably cute! I love it!