Pin

November 16, 2010

Maybe I Should Be Called

the Bag Lady.  I make bags.  I use bags.  I love bags.  All kinds of bags.  I would not mind being the BagLady.

This weekend I was lucky enough to have a bag to give a sweet girl.  She even let me (well, my little sister) get some photos of her "modeling" for me.  That is my sweet niece Cassie with her baby sister PeytanBella.
They are modeling my newest bags.  I gave this one to Cassie just because she is such a kind, sweet girl and I love her so!
I made these bags with Kona Black and a bright, bold, lovely Alexander Henry print on the outside  and Kona Snow for the liner and inside pockets.  I did not include a snap closure on this one but I did on the other (see below) bag that I made using the exact same fabrics.  Both bags are sturdy but still soft and pliable.
I made them both using the same pattern but each has a few different details.  This one has a flap closure, a solid piece of the AH fabric for the front and is shorter by a bit.  I think I like the other one slightly more.  What do you think?  I also (finally!) got around to making myself a new book bag.  I love it.  Very neutral and soft.  And big enough to hold all of the necessary stuff, including embroidery projects.

Now I must really get busy on more of the Christmas projects I have either started or want to start!  I just had to post for my favorite day...Fabric Tuesday!

3 comments:

Mariliz's Musings said...

The bags are very cute!! The quilt is called a disappearing 9 patch. You can do a search and find some great tutorials. It not hard to do at all. Thanks!!

Naturally Carol said...

Thanks for stopping by this morning...I love your bags, I haven't made one yet and am not sure that I can, but yours are lovely.

Quiltstory said...

I agree with you...bags all around! These turned out great and what a sweet little gift :) Thanks for linking up, we'll see you next week!