Pin

November 29, 2010

Simple Christmas Frames and December Daily

One of my favorite items to happen upon in a clearance/sale isle is picture frames.  Especially frames of the wooden variety.  Sometime this past summer I found 2 such frames at Hobby Lobby.  They are not really my taste or any theme that I wanted but they were only $1 each so I purchased them.
What I love about them is how versatile they are.  I have painted them in the past.  This time I wanted some that were appropriate for the holidays.  So I covered them in some Christmas papers.  And I added some of the Prima poinsettias that I got for the December Daily.
I made these very quickly last night...they only took about an hour total and most of that was drying time.  I'm not terribly pleased with the small one but that is another of the perks about these inexpensive frames is that you can do them over and over until you get exactly the result that you want!  I kinda like these for now so I'm going to leave them.

December is fast approaching and I am so excited to start my December Daily!  I've been looking at so many of the others' and enjoying all of the photos and ideas.  I received a couple of questions about my album and I thought I would address them here.
This is my cover.  I used Zutter 8x8 acrylic pages which I cut down to 6x8.  The white stickers and the Glitter Bling snowflake frame are Making Memories.  The flower is Prima, the brad in the center of the flower is Basic Grey and finally, the paper center is BoBunny.   The rings I used are 7Gypsies flexible rings.  The square you see behind the snowflake is actually on the other side and it is a canvas tag that I made.  I simply stamped the image (from this set) on a piece of canvas and then embossed with Ranger Embossing Tinsel in red.  I sewed around the perimeter and added a Basic Grey brad to the top.  I just added a little tree and tag to the opposite page to keep it separate from the pages I will use for Day One.

That's it. I have not done any embellishing to the back cover yet.  I have several ideas but I'm keeping that for the very end.  Maybe as a page to put final thoughts, hopes for 2011 and even some of the ideas for next year. I posted more links in my original post found here.  Thanks so much for all of the kind comments about my book!  I really appreciate each one.  I'm so excited to start filling this book up and I've even begun keeping ideas for doing this again, maybe starting earlier, say around Thanksgiving.  I wanted to try that this year but I think it was a bit too ambitious!  I'll stick to the 25 days for now and see how this goes.

1 comment:

CINNIBONBON said...

I absolutely love your December Daily cover!! Very nice.