Pin

November 4, 2010

What to do?

There is so much going on in the online community for the holidays.  I wanted to participate in so many of these different opportunities.  But with work and family and all the regular holiday stuff, well, I had to be picky.  I decided to participate in Ali Edwards' December Daily.  I have wanted to do this for several years but never did.  This year I'm doing it!  And I'm starting early.  In fact its in the bag!  Hehe Literally.  I have collected the papers, stamps, etc. that I want to include.  Most were purchased but I had some items already.  So I put it all in one bag to work on this weekend!
Some of the items that I had in my stash include these stamps, these stamps and a Making Memories kit called St. Nick that I cannot find a link to.  These are some of my favorites and I cant wait to use them for this album.
I searched some local stores but I could not find the Bazzill cardstock that Ali used.  Instead I got Avalanche. It is a pretty white.  And I chose various other patterns, some are from Christmas collections and some are not.  I also purchased some Prima flowers holiday poinsettias.  Very pretty.  I hope to make all of this work together.  Ali seems to be able to make many different products work together nicely.  So, that is my goal.  And I promised myself I am done buying stuff for this.  Everything else will have to be from stuff that I already own.  Plus I plan on integrating all of this stuff into cards as well.  I love making holiday cards! And I also make ornaments for a little tree that I keep nearby in my creative space.  Cant wait to get started on these projects.

Other than the December Daily, I still want to participate in Fabric Tuesdays.  This is a favorite of mine as I am sure I have mentioned more than once!  I have many projects in the works that I hope to be able to post about soon.  I plan to post all of the gifts that I am making for some family members as well as some family treats I have in mind.  I missed posting something for this week but I will definitely do one for next!  Promise to self:  Make something new!  Post on Fabric Tuesday!

That is all I am committing myself to for the moment.  If something too-good-to-resist pops up, I will surely consider doing that.  I had so much fun doing the KCWC and So Sew challenges as well.  Although, I must say I was a bit disappointed that some of the 4 artists either didn't complete or post for some of the weeks of the So Sew challenge.  Oh well, life happens!  I think it will be fun to try something like that again.  It made me do something just for the sake of doing it.  That was great.

To finish this very long post, here is some inspiration/encouragement for the rest of the week: (from www.biblegateway.com)
Ephesians 2:10 (New International Version)

10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

No comments: