Pin

December 15, 2010

Day 14

It's back!  Yesterday was not so Christmas-y for me but today is a different story.  I don't know what it was but I'm pretty sure it is over now since all I can think about is Christmas stuff!  Maybe it is the weather here in Colorado.  Sunny, high of 64 yesterday!  This is more like Autumn or late Spring for us.  No snow in sight and there hasn't been for weeks.  Except in the mountains.  That's a big bummer.

Today was an average work day.  Nothing really Christmas-y to document but there was something that does happen around here everyday and I thought that it warrants a page of its own.

My son Joshua goes to school right across the street from our house.  He literally walks out the front door, down to the edge of our property where the crosswalk is, crosses the street and he is on the school grounds.  Well, one of our morning rituals is saying goodbye and watching him cross.

I keep watch through the kitchen window while Rokie cries for him at the living room window.  It is such a sight.  I think the puppy actually starts to get anxious when he sees Josh start gathering his school bag and putting on his jacket.

He's not wagging his tail, he's not hopping around.  He's just standing as close to the door as possible while still trying to keep an eye on the movements of each of us so he knows what is happening.  He crowds the door and we have to physically hold him from bounding through when it is open.

Once Josh is out the door and it is closed, he leaps to the sofa and pushes his nose through the curtains (if they are not open yet) and whimpers as he watches boy make his way to the schoolyard.  It is quite the ordeal some mornings.  Big puppy crying in the window.  Little puppy (sometimes) hopping around trying to see what is going on up there.

When Josh is out of sight, Rokie then proceeds to pout.  He lays at the front door with his eyes looking all sad.  He lets everyone step over him.  He lets little dog pester him with no consequence.  He lets out the occasional whimper, the occasional sigh.

This can go on for up to 30 minutes.  It's cute, funny, sometimes sad.  It's our Rokie.  He is the sweetest, happiest puppy I've ever known.  Unless someone walks out the door, that is.
Here are the pages to go with this story.

Day 14  


Once again I made some changes to the original page.  I used it as is but I cut it down around the journaling block to make the whole page lighter.  All in all I think I'm happiest with the digital pages.  I don't know if I'm running out of creativity or if I'm ready to change the style of my scrapbooking but honestly, I have not been super pleased with my pages lately.  I'm liking the digital pages that I make more and more.

Hope everyone is enjoying the month and all that goes with it!  God bless!

love, Lisa


4 comments:

Shaun at Oak Den said...

That is the SWEETEST story!

(I found you through Ali's blog)

PEG said...

What a quiet DD. Not sure the word is good !It seams so calm & sweet.

GemiGina said...

Gotta love Rokie sis; and I LOVE the scrapbooking pages too. What a cute story! I noticed the one about him actually making it OUT the door when Josh goes to school didn't make the page! Ha ha! Either way, very cute!

Teje said...

Hello Lisa! I'm so happy to meet you! Thank you for leaving me a lovely comment!
As you see I'm around your blog ... I love your quilts, your dog (is there one or more), and this journal is so special!
See you soon! Sunny wishes from Teje