Pin

December 9, 2010

Day 8, Lemon Curd and My Ornament Tradition


Day 8

And a couple of close-ups.
I really like doing the letters and outlines in Photoshop and since I've just recently learned how to do this, I'm doing it quite often.  I don't really learn this stuff that quickly.  I've had Photoshop for a couple of years and I'm just learning this now...jeez.

Yesterday was Wednesday.  I'm off on Wednesday.  I spent the day doing two of the things I love to do.  Cooking and scrapbooking.  I didn't really cook a lot like I do on some days off but I did have a breakthrough!

I made a lemon curd that actually thickened!  I'm so happy about that.  Thanks, Ina, for making this recipe!
The scrapbooking part of my day was spent on ornaments.  You see, I have this little tree.


I keep it up in my craft/work room all year long.  I decorate it for different seasons and holidays like Christmas and Easter.


Each year I try to make one or two or ten new ornaments for my little tree.


 These two above are from last year.  This year so far, I have made only one.  It is all about our new pups.  It's interactive, too.

R & R is for Rokie and Rascal.  Rokie the Black Lab and Rascal the Chihuahua.  Strange pair they are.

I wanted to use up some of the scraps and left overs from my DD album.  I had to cut the acrylic covers and was left with two pieces of acrylic that were 2"x8".  I cut each in half and used one set to make this little tag book/ornament.  Here is the finished ornament.
Above are the unassembled tags.  Below is the finished tagbook hanging on my tree.
And can I just add that it is a bad idea to use vintage Shiny Brites on said tree and then move it around the house.  

So that's what I was up to on Day 8.  That and making the pages for my December Daily.  
Thanks for looking!  Have a wonderful December 9th!

love, Lisa

1 comment:

Kim said...

that start is gorgeous and the swirl looks perfect on your dec daily.