Pin

February 22, 2011

Pillow Contests Abound



I made this little pillow for February and then I found out about a couple of pillow parties.  I know this pillow is not perfect but I decided to enter it anyway because I had already made it.


Some of the things I would do differently:  well, one, I would make the embroidered piece smaller for a pillow this size (or make a bigger pillow) because the quilted parts barely show:  two, I don't think I will make a pillow this holiday specific, except Christmas, again; and three, I would add a more opaque back to the embroidered piece so as to not see the pieced back behind it. 


Overall, I like it but I tend to do this with most of my projects.  At least sewing projects.  I'm sure this is because I am such a novice.  Maybe I'll become less critical with experience?


Posting this pillow again in its own post so I could enter it into the Stitched in Color Pillow Party for February.  Is that weird?  I had also entered into the Great SMS Pillow Contest.  Although the Sew, Mama, Sew contest did ask that we come up with a wonderful name for our pillow, which I did not.  Nothing clever came to mind.  (Frown)  Help?!

Thanks for looking!  

love, Lisa




3 comments:

Wendy said...

Yes, you do need to be less critical, I think it's gorgeous! I love the embroidery, it's so lovely and I don't think it's season specific, you could have that out all year long. Love it!

Jo said...

This really is so pretty! I love it!

Rachel Hauser said...

Gosh, I think it's quite beautiful - really! You'll just have to claim that you wanted the patchwork to show through - the effect is interesting!