Pin

February 8, 2011

Sewing As A Way To Say I Love You


...or I care about you or I hope you are feeling better or I wish you the best.  These are some of the reasons I love to sew.  Also, just because it is fun.  The purpose of sewing in itself seems so utilitarian.  Sewing out of need.  But so much of what I see online or in books and magazines and most of what I want to make is simply something to beautify my surroundings or for someone I love.


That's how I look at it anyway.  I love making things.  I love giving them to someone special.  And isn't February the perfect month to think about this, anyway?  So this little machine cover that I made is a reminder to me that I'm putting my love and energy and creativity into each project because I love the process, the finished project and to beautify my surroundings and those of the ones I love.


So, that is what I had in mind when I embroidered the estate sale handkerchief with "Sew Much Love" and then made a cover for my sewing machine with it.  Get it?  Sounds like a bunch of cheesiness now, although it is still true.  And, frankly, I thought myself fairly clever when I first thought of it!  Not so much now... 


I still like it.  I still use it.  But I do have several ideas for a new one.  I'm really liking all of the quilted covers that I've seen so maybe one of those in the future.  But for right now, I've got several projects going.  And I was so hoping to get a quilt block done for QuiltStory's Block Party.    Maybe later or on my day off. 

Reading Nehemiah this week.  Trying to "practice" my faith.  Wishing to be able to pray like David (Psalm 51) or Nehemiah (Nehemiah 1).  
Praying for everyone to have a blessed week!

love, Lisa

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow, another fab cushion! And I just saw your quilt in the post below - gorgeous!