Pin

February 25, 2011

WIPs for the Weekend

I love weekends.  I love weekends that have lots of promise of creativity.  Time to sew and scrapbook and look ahead to March.


I challenged myself to do two online challenges.  The first I actually started in early February.  It is a quilt for the Moda Bake Shop (see sidebar) Monthly Contest for March.  I chose a quilt using a little charm pack (above)  that I recently purchased.


Above is a picture of a stack of 20 pieced butterflies.  Quite ambitious for me, I know, but so far it is working out.  I'll let you know how it ends up for sure!  The second is the Craft Book Challenge (see sidebar).  This one is very simple.  You just make a project a month out of the books you already own.  It is a challenge for me because I have a hard time following directions.  I usually look at something and then just make it my own way.  My own challenge will be to make it just as the author did.  But not exactly.  The first project I will be doing for March is, appropriately enough, a little quilt from this book of embroidery.  It has already proven to be a very inspiring book.


Aside from all this...I have yet another project or two that are in the works.  I'm finally finishing up the embroidery on these little guys.   They are five little pictures that my middle guy drew and I embroidered them to make him a wall hanging of his art.  Almost done with the embroidery then on to the quilting.  And I made a quilt top using a Bliss Charm pack and a Moda pattern.  But I had to order a yard of fabric to complete it so I wont be doing the quilting on that until sometime next week.  Very simple project, though, in contrast to the butterflies!  And there is always the ripple I've been working on for a year now.  I'm newly motivated to finish that one up quick!


And here is some inspiration that will help me through the busy weekend, maybe it will help you as well!

At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.  Titus Ch. 3

No comments: