Pin

March 29, 2011

Faith is Finished


This was my first Dresden.  I'm totally loving these!  I have liked so many of them on quilts and pillows and I was so excited to make one!  I can t believe how easy it was, too.


 I adore the fabrics.  I used a Candy Bar pack of  Oasis by 3Sisters for the dresden plate and for the letters as well.  The background is Kona but I don't know which color and the binding is Mill House by Fig Tree Quilts.


I did more free-motion quilting here.  I'm going to get a break from free-motion as I quilt the little Bliss quilt later this week!  Originally I made this to be a table topper for my little dresser that holds my ribbon, tags and random stuff.  However, now I think I'll leave it hanging here for awhile.  I like it that much.


The colors are so making me want Spring to be here!  They make me think of Easter.  Of course it is helping to keep my one little word near and visible.  I love that.

Finished just in time for Fabric Tuesday!  Click the link to see all of the inspiring projects!

love, Lisa

6 comments:

Caroline@ToffleCraft said...

Found your blog through Fabric Tuesday. Well done on completing your first Dresden plate block. Like you, I've been looking at them thinking how beautiful they are. Yours looks as beautiful as the others you've admired. I hope you're feeling proud :)

Karen said...

That is totally beautiful! Love those fabrics! I would keep in the wall too :)

Sandra said...

I love your quilting! Faith - the
substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen ..Hebrews 11:1 ..by faith by faith by faith ..

Kate said...

Coming over from Fabric Tuesday...

This is beautiful! I've been wanting to try a Dresden plate too!

ktquilts said...

Beautiful little quilt!! Makes me want to cut into my little pile of Oasis!

Quiltstory said...

I love it lots! Thanks for linking up to Quiltstory!