Pin

April 13, 2011

It's WIP Wednesday!



And of course, I have many that I could and should be working on but I, being me, decided to start yet another project.  Some hand sewing seemed in order so I started a little flower.  


I'm just looking for the right fabric to pair it with, a few words to add, some piecing and then I will have a new book cover.  I love writing in journals, making lists, making plans and a notebook is always at hand but they are not always pretty.  This little cover will insure that they are pretty.


Plus, it is a new month for the MBS Monthly Contest (see link in my sidebar).  This months theme is accessories.  I've long been an admirer of Bloom and this tutorial from the MBS is what I am using for my book cover.  I'm slightly altering it but using the method.


These items along with the ones already going on (which include: shirts for Christy, the Precious Moments alphabet quilt, finishing up the Bliss quilt and hand quilting the Country Time quilt) are all projects I hope to work on this Friday.



All this means that I have lots to choose from for the FNSI!  Although I must admit, I'm working on some of them now, too.  I'm not at all concerned about having enough to do come Friday night!



And because I'm always thinking of my One Little Word, Faith, I'll leave with this from I Thessalonians 1:11,

With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. 

5 comments:

Bree said...

That flower is just GORGEOUS!

Marci Girl said...

That flower is beautiful! Keep up the beautiful work!

Diane said...

I agree with the others... the flower is lovely! And the Bliss quilt is qoing to be beautiful!

Dee said...

Drooling over the flower! It's so perfect. Loving the Precious Moments quilt and the Bliss....oh to die for!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful flower, your stitches are so perfect!