Pin

April 20, 2011

The WIP List


A few days ago I finished 2 quilts that had been going on for quite some time.  I was so happy to have them done that I celebrated by starting a few more projects.  Linking to WiP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

Right now I have 7 projects in the works.

A new quilt using "Lovely" fabric by Sandy Gervais.  This quilt is a pattern from a magazine called Perfect for Precuts and I'm using the Lovely layer cake that I received from Moda as part of the golden ticket package.  I'm adding my own twist to it with a couple of dresdens.  I know!  I can't stop making these!  But the candy bars are so perfect for that...and the fabric was the same, it was meant to be!


I cut into the Buttercup fabric that I've had for a couple of months.  This will be 2 quilts (hopefully in time for Mother's Day)!


For April for the CBC I wanted to make something that I have been needing really.  Aprons and I have several books that have nice patterns in them.  I think I'll start with the one from Seams to Me by Anna Maria Horner.


I'm still working on how to quilt the little embroidered letters for my daughters "baby" quilt.  Not a lot of progress there.


There is a wonderful tutorial at the Moda Bake Shop for a book cover that I am making, hopefully in time for the April contest.  I'm adding my own twist to this with some different embroidery.


Also finishing up one of the tank tops I'm making for my sister.  I'm so pleased that the pattern is getting very easy.  Familiar, rather, and so familiar I feel comfortable altering it.


And lastly, I am working on blocks for May do.Good Stitches.  I'm thinking about using this pattern from MBS.  It is by Melissa Corry of  HappyQuiltingMelissa.  I hope it is ok to use for this?

Photo from Moda Bake Shop 
Thats it for now.  Hoping to finish one of these up this week.  We'll see how that goes.  I hope everyone else is making wonderful progress on their own WIP's!

I Thessalonians 1:4-5 NIV
For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction.


love, Lisa

3 comments:

kwiltmakr said...

I liked that MBS pattern by Melissa too and thought I would like to make it. Good luck on your MBS contest.

Elizabeth D. said...

Great job, Lisa Ann, I love your photography! In the Bliss circle of do.Good.Stitches, we did that block of Melissa's a few months ago, so it's definitely okay to do that. I bet your circle would enjoy it, I know we did very much :)

Lee said...

Your finished quilts look lovely! Can't wait to see what you decide for your Do Good Stitches month. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )