Pin

May 17, 2011

Bloggers Quilt Festival Spring 2011

This is the first year I'll be participating in the Bloggers Quilt Festival.  I've been a frequent visitor to Amy's blog and I love her style and I just bought her book, which is wonderful.  I'm joining kind of late because I was not sure that I was going to join at all.


The quilts that I have been looking at are so intricate and colorful.  I have not made a quilt that is really that big or special.


Then I was in a big rush to finish a quilt that I'm working on but that is not going to happen.  Plus I realized that I don't really want to rush this.  I want to enjoy the process and be peaceful about it so I stopped the rushing.


And then I decided that I would choose the one quilt I have made that I love best.  It is the cutest little quilt now hanging in my sewing room.  How cute are the little farm animals?  Alicia Paulsen did such a wonderful design job.  So cute and so simple.  I have loved this quilt since I first saw the pattern in Embroidery Companion.  I'm very pleased with the result, especially after I did a final washing.  It is puckered and lovely, I think.


Just click the link over on the right side and enjoy the other wonderful quilts and prepare to spend much time looking!  Thanks for stopping by!

love, Lisa

9 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm so glad you decided to post. I have been making table runners with quilted designs in squares but upon seeing this I am thinking embroidery should be my next move.

Wendi said...

Oh, what a sweet and lovely little quilt. The embroidered animals are so sweet.

Jolanda said...

What an adorable quilt. We have all those animals in our little farm. The book is really cute. Lovely job:)

baukje said...

I find this super sweet and so cute. The animals are so adorable.....

Quiltbenaco said...

Simpatica trapunta!
Ciao

BaileyGirl5 said...

This little quilt is so sweet! I love the embroidery. I'm a big Alicia fan too and my dream is to have a sewing room just like her studio. Dream on .....

Why Not Sew? said...

This IS a great little quilt. I think simple patchwork is the best!

stitchinpenny said...

Such wonderful embroidery.

Cindy said...

I'm so glad you joined the quilt festival! This is a GREAT quilt! I really love the embroidery on it...what a fantastic job. Thank you, also, for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by. God Bless!