Pin

May 24, 2011

Buttercup Patchwork No. 1


My patchwork quilt it finally done.  I'm so happy to have finished this one!  And just in time for Fabric Tuesday over at QuiltStory!  I have to say, I think this is the best all around quilt I've made.  I'm getting better!

I used a good batting in this one.  A lesson I learned from the last quilt I made.  I think my stippling (meandering, really) has improved some, though, I could really use some more practice with keeping the stitch length perfectly even.  And I'm liking the combo of straight lines and stipple.

A very simple quilt but still enough of a challenge that I learned even more about quilting while making it.  I'm going to move on to Buttercup Patchwork No. 2 next.   Maybe I'll do some things different to improve on that one even more.

I am loving that even though these are far from perfect, we still end up with a nice, usable, warm, snugly, cozy quilt.  I don't think we'll be noticing the stitch length when we are picnicking with it or cuddling underneath its soft and wrinkly warmth.
I do apologize for the bad photos (and so many!) but it has been a dreary day here in Colorado and I just could not wait for the sun to shine.  I hope to run it through the wash and then be able to take more photos, maybe tomorrow or on the long weekend!  One last pic, though!
Details:  Patchwork squares and binding are Buttercup by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda and Kona Snow
             Border is pale yellow quilters cotton
             Backing (not shown) is also pale yellow quilters cotton with one patch of Buttercup
*Edited to add link to All Things Heart and Home!  There is so much inspiration here, I spend way too much time looking here.  And this is more than just sewing!  There are recipes, makeover projects, sewing and lots more!

Happy Tuesday!
love, Lisa

4 comments:

Kirsten N said...

Beautiful quilt - I like the colours and the combination of straight stitching and stippling. I should try that myself as I don't think I could stipple an entire quilt:)

Paula said...

Your choice of colors is so cute and sunny. Great job.

Deanna said...

Congrats on the finish! Love the colors and the patchwork arrangement. Simple. Beautiful. = )

Quiltstory said...

It's beautiful! I love the soft palette. Thanks for linking to Fabric Tuesday!