Pin

May 3, 2011

More WIPs And A (Kinda) Finish

Spring has definitely sprung in Colorado.  We are having great weather this week!  This is wonderful because we can finally get going on some (much needed) yard work.


Ugly yard, cute pup, right?


These look like a kind of patchwork, I think.  I did manage to get a couple of things done with fabric as opposed to dirt.  I finished the book cover for the April Moda Bake Shop Contest but I did not enter it.  I didn't think it came out so well.  For a contest anyway.  I'll still use it.


I used Fandango fabrics by Kate Spain.  Not my normal color choices but when I had them all laid out I thought they were beautiful.  The embroidery was my own funky addition.  Linking to QuiltStory and Fabric Tuesday!


I also got my blocks done for do.Good Stitches.  I'm the quilter this month and I cant wait to get this quilt put together!  I chose this pattern.  I'm loving the blocks and I think I'll make one of these of my own.



Still moving along on other projects but none so much as the yard.  That seems really important to me lately, though, I dont know why.

Maybe it's just God's beauty all around that I cant get enough of.  Cheesy, but true.

love, Lisa

2 comments:

~Carla~ said...

I think your book cover came out lovely! The fabrics are soft & pretty! :)

I absolutely love your quilt block! Gorgeous!!

Becky said...

Nice sewing! I used to start plants from seeds, but the last 2 places we've lived just aren't great set-ups. Miss it!