Pin

June 27, 2011

Buttercup Patchwork No. 2

is finally finished! I must say, I really love this one for so many reasons.


At first I was not thrilled with the fabric after I bought it but I did have 6 yards to use so I just went for it.

I made 2 quilts from the Buttercup (by Joanna Figeroa). I think I like 2 the best. I made myself use the pieces I had left over and the extra yardage and even a few scraps to complete this one. I made the back in so many pieces! Now I like it best and I actually call it the front.

Now, what started as the front, I call the back.

I quilted this one very simply using loopy lines about every 6 inches in a grid pattern. I love the effect this has on the finished look. It is more puffy. I like.

The next finish I have planned is the do.Good.Stitches quilt. Just a few more rows to quilt and then the binding...which is already to go. I made this quite some time ago. I love making bias binding. Anyone else love it, too?

Linking to {Sew} Modern Monday (first time!) and Fabric Tuesday (again).




Have a blessed day!

love, Lisa

5 comments:

Leslie said...

this is really lovely....the colors are beautiful

LaDonna and Diana said...

It would be hard for me to decide which is the front and which is the back! Both look great! I like to make my binding way before I need it...who wants to stop and make the binding when it's time to put it on!?

LaDonna

Sue Daurio said...

two quilts in one, I love it! The colors are beautiful.

noga quilts said...

Lovely quilt! It's really a reversible quilt, both sides are beautiful!

susan said...

Lovely quilt and restful colours.