Pin

June 27, 2011

A Central Park Kaleidoscope

Finally caught up on the Kaleidoscope QAL. I was kinda worried that I was going to get so far behind because for the life of me I could not make up my mind about fabric. I was going to go with Loulouthi by Anna Maria Horner. When I got to the quilt shop...I just could not make up my mind. That was weeks ago when the QAL was first announced. Then I was going to use a stack of DS fabric that I already had.
But I already had so many plans for that lovely stack. Then I saw a little stack of Central Park half yard cuts that I had. I knew that would not be enough fabric for this project but then I realized I could make the jelly roll of Central Park work if I pieced them together.
So that is what I did. I made the 6.5" strips by piecing three of the jelly roll strips together.
Then I cut them according to Elizabeth's instructions. It worked just fine.

I cut the half-yards into the corner triangles.

And I cut Kona white for the contrast.

So far it looks good to me! I have yet to experiment with blocks but I'll do that soon. It has to look great with this wonderful, colorful fabric, right?

I'm off to quilt more of my do.Good.Stitches quilt. It is almost done! I'm aiming to have it done and washed and in the mail by Friday! Wish me luck!

I hope everyone has a blessed, productive, fun week!

I'll leave you with some beautiful words from Paul. Philemon 1:4-7
I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.
love, Lisa

4 comments:

Katie B. said...

I think your Kaleidoscope is going to look awesome! Great plan! Funny, I almost used Loulouthi too, and then I almost used my DS fabric before deciding on something else.

LaDonna and Diana said...

Sewing the strips together...perfect idea! Love the colors!

LaDonna

Shanna said...

I like the jelly roll idea!! Plus you just can't go wrong with Kate Spain :o)

Maribel said...

I think it looks really great with the Central Park fabric. I just love this fabric line! Great plan!
Greetings
Maribel