Pin

June 6, 2011

Stitch and Quilt Along Fabrics and Progress

Finally chose (for certain) the fabrics I will be using for Clover and Violet's quilt along.  I've been so excited to get this one started!  I can hardly wait to get to the embroidery...


This weekend, though, I did get a good start.  I finalized the fabric choices which are all from my stash.  I'm using a stack of fabric that is actually cut for a specific project.  I purchased this in February at the Rocky Mountain Sew Expo.  The kit was made of these beautiful, feminine fabrics which the vendor said were made by Lecien.  (I have never seen them anywhere else and was never able to find it online to purchase more.  Has anyone seen it before?) The stack came with the solid off-white and pink.


The perle cottons are colors I had on hand.  I will definitely need to add a few darker colors, I think.


I added in a few strips of Mill House polka dots.


I did make some progress on it as well.  I got the white embroidery squares cut and the interfacing applied.


I also got the 2" corner sqares cut and I'll be adding them on today as well as the white strips.  I hope to also have time to play with the colors to add some of the other strips this evening.  Then I'll be choosing colors for the kaleidoscope QAL.  I'm thinking of AMH's Loulouthi.  These are such strong, bold colors which I normally would not use because I'm intimidated by all that color and pattern.  But I think for this project it would be a great way to start getting acquainted with some of these big patterns and colors.


All in all it was a productive weekend.  My mom and brother added some more plants to our little garden.  The backyard is coming along nicely...it already looks better than just a couple of weeks ago.

I heard this verse this weekend and it has stuck with me.  I've been thinking alot about prayer and how to pray more effectively.  This verse brought that to the forefront again.

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.  The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."
                                                                             ~Matthew 26:40-42
I wish you all a great week and God Bless!
love, Lisa

No comments: