Pin

July 12, 2011

Blocks Galore

So, yesterday was aprons.  Today is blocks.  I've got alot of them going on.  First, I've finished the block for the C&V Embroidery 101.  Finally.  Here is my finished block:


I (with help from my sister.  Thanks, G~) got a start to my blocks for the Kaleidoscope QAL.  My first block did not come out so well so when I had a chance to get some help, I took it!  She made a perfect block.  Now all I have to do is make the rest...

July block for do.Good.Stitches.  I must say, I'm really liking this color combo (Naomi asked for blues and yellows with a bit of brown, beige) and the block.  They were really easy to make and I'm thinking I can whip a whole quilt up with that block in time for Christmas?

My sister and I spent a good bit of last weekend working on blocks for a quilt for the newest member of our family, Aaliya.  She is our younger brothers baby girl and we wanted to make something sweet for her.  We are doing a wonky log cabin, no pattern, just making 12.5 in finished blocks using all fabrics from our stashes.  So far so good!


And last but  not least, I've made a bit of progress on the FWQAL blocks!  Not quite up to everyone else yet but I'm not in a big rush.  I'm using all stash and trying to make it as scrappy as possible.  This quilt is really making me realize that my stash is seriously lacking in several colors.  So far I have 5 done.  Almost.  I still have to stitch the handle on block 3, the basket, and I plan on making block 5, Bat Wing, over.  Just not right now. 

I'm having a great time with all these blocks!  It is especially fun to be working with my sister who is here in my town now!  Can't wait to have the quilt for Aaliya finished!  Then we can plan our next joint project...you up for it G~?!

Thanks for stopping by!

love, Lisa

Good news:  Philippians 1:3-6
I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers, for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.







2 comments:

Katie B. said...

I wish your sister had been here to help me with my kaleidoscope blocks! Yours looks great.

LynCC said...

Hey, your embroidery blocks are so pretty. :D (Hello from Florida - I am surfing Colorado quilt bloggers this evening)