Pin

July 5, 2011

On Time

It has been a long weekend! I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July.

This post is very late in coming as I have actually had this quilt done for several days. In fact, after setting a date for myself to have it complete, I actually did finish it before then. I wanted to have it done before the holiday weekend because I knew I would have no time at my sewing machine or computer.

Anyway, it is done. I'm very pleased with it for the most part. As always, there are things I would do differently if I ever did this one again. I had no idea how hard it would be to match up the back with the front and have the same width of fabric around the edge of the blocks. Why was that so hard?

Aside from the matching up in the back, this quilt was a pleasure to make! I loved looking at all the fabrics and getting the blocks in the mail...that was fun! Everyone did a great job at providing what I requested and the quilt turned out nicer than I imagined! I must say, though, that it is no small thing to hand ones work over to someone. Esp. someone you dont know. Thus far I've only made things for family and friends so there is little in the way of criticism, even of the constructive sort! So, here's to putting it out there!

Thanks ladies of the Peace Circle! I'm already started on looking for a pattern for my next quilt with ya'll in September.  Quilt tutorial found here: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/12/sugar-pop-n-change-quilt.html

God bless you and your family!

love, Lisa

5 comments:

Laura said...

I think it looks great! I'm proud to have been a part of it.

Evelyn said...

It's really beautiful! Great job!

Anonymous said...

The quilt turned out beautifully! Great job!

Katie B. said...

You did a fantastic job, Lisa! I know this will make a child very happy!

Deana said...

I adore this quilt!! Do you remember off hand what the size of the smallest rectangles was? I am going to try to quilt hack it! :)