Pin

August 1, 2011

Finished

Hello!  I'm back from a bit of a hiatus from this little blog and I'm ready to post a few recently finished projects!


This is the table runner with some matchy-matchy linens to go along with it.  I started with the runner, which has been done for quite some time and then decided to dress up a couple of plain flour sack towels that I had to match.  All fabrics are DS Quilts from Jo~Ann's.  Love them!


I just added a border to each along with a bit of embroidery.  I plan on giving these light kitchen duty.  Hopefully the rest of the family will do so and not use them for cleaning up iced tea spills and such!  


I really like the outcome.  A couple of techniques were new to me but I love how they turned out.  The design is very simple and I think the different types of quilting make it look nicer somehow than it would have looked otherwise.  The faux piping is another favorite.  I used this tutorial for the first time and it was so easy!

Diamonds and pebbles for quilting.
The potholder was an afterthought.  I just had to use the scraps!


I hope this counts as "modern" cuz I'm linking to Canoe Ridge Creations Sew Modern Monday!  Head over to Megan's blog and see all the other modern finishes!  They are beautiful!  

*Edited to add link up to QuiltStory's Fabric Tuesday and Handmade Tuesday over at Ladybug Blessings as well!  There is so much inspiration to be found over there!  Follow the link to go visit or see their button in my sidebar on the right.  
Be blessed and enjoy the week!
love, Lisa


5 comments:

Katie B. said...

Lisa Ann, this is gorgeous! I especially love the embroidery!

QuiltyGirl said...

lovely! I just used this line to decorate my dining room!

~The Bargain Babe said...

Saw your link at QuiltStory and wanted to pop over. I like those fabrics! I've seen them in the store but never thought about making kitchen items with them!

I've got to try my hand at potholders one of these days. :)

Connie said...

Love the embroidery on your runner and towels!

Mary Jo said...

I love your potholder and table runner! Lovely fabrics - I just bought some from that line too. :) Did you follow a tutorial on the potholder? I need a little help in that department...

maryjowyse@yahoo.com
allthisforthem.blogspot.com