Pin

August 25, 2011

QAL Blocks

“The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.” Oliver Wendell Holmes Right now, I do not consider myself a great sewer or even a good sewer (or sewist, if you prefer). I do, however, consider myself a student of all things sewing and I love to learn new techniques and stitches and blocks and..... In that respect I feel that I am moving forward as a sewer, getting better even. All that being said, I'm not sure why some of the Farmer's Wife blocks that initially seem no harder than others, give me such a hard time. One of this weeks blocks was quite the doozy for me! Here is block 25, Cups and Saucers. It was very difficult to get seams to match and such but after fussing with it I'm ok with the outcome and it shall remain as is until I get an urge to fix it. Which may or may not happen before I make the quilt.
And here is the 2nd Block called Cut Glass Dish. I like this one alot. I can see a whole quilt of these little guys. Maybe a bit bigger, though.
Now, on to the Stitch and Quilt Along with Clover and Violet. I don't think I've posted these last 2 blocks. Forgive me if it is a repeat. Block 4 was a favorite:
Block 5
That is it for the quilt-a-longs. I am off to work on some ideas for the holidays. Do any of you, dear Readers, have any links to fun and easy Christmas projects? I would love to see them anytime. I hope I'm not the only one thinking of these things at the (barely) end of summer! I'm just so slow, I have to get going soon! I have many people that I want to make for. I'm trying to be more of a giving person and I want (hope) to include so many. I'm going to need help! I'm off to find some inspiration! Have a wonderful weekend! love, Lisa
We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
Romans 12:6-8

4 comments:

quirky granola girl said...

ooooh! i might have to tackle cut glass dish this week. yours is lovely.

greg said...

Your cut glass dish looks great with that Buttercup floral! That block gave me lots of trouble and I ended up making it twice. I definitely agree that a whole quilt full of them would be amazing, but done with larger HSTs.

Wendy said...

I think all of your blocks are lovely, much better than I could do!

It's definitely not too early to be thinking about Christmas! I started in January...

Linni said...

love your blocks, the cut glass dish looks great. I would do it again as a quilt but only if the finished blocks were about 15inches square...LOL Getting over all the little HST's now.