Pin

August 4, 2011

Quilt Along Progress

Happy Thursday!  I've decided that this will be the day that I post about progress on the various quilt a-longs and swaps I'm currently doing.

I'm currently caught up on the Farmer's Wife!  I have done blocks 1 through 20 (in order from the book).  I wont overload with pictures of each block but I'll start this week with the weeks current blocks.  I did 19-Checkerboard and 20-Churn Dash.

Obviously I have yet to square them up.  I figure I'll do that all at once or maybe one day I'll feel like I really need to get it done.  I'll do it then.  :)  This quilt is going to be one huge mash up of all the scraps in my scrap collection!
Block 19 is Checkerboard and I must say I have actually wanted to do this block from the time I got the book.  The other I wanted to do right away is 29 - Economy but I'm waiting!)


I did this one in all polka dots with the light Lecien floral.  These were actually scraps from the Clover and Violet quilt along.  Block 20 is Churn Dash.  I was so confused at this block whenever I'd seen it.  I dont know what it was about it but I could not figure it out and that bugged me.  I can usually look at a quilt block and see what the components are going to be so I'm glad to have done it with a pattern and have it in my mind.


This one has a bit of the Lecien as well, the light blue with roses, a bit of Momo, the blue check and a pink and white that I'm not sure where it is from.  My sister I think.  But she did not make it, I only mean I got it from her pile of fabric....
Anyway.
I've got another quilt top to finish!  I love this quilt!  It is the Kaleidoscope Quilt Along with Don't Call Me Betsy.  I was so glad to join this from the beginning and finish roughly when I was supposed to.  I'm going to baste it and quilt it over the weekend.

I just know I'm going to love it no matter what the quilting is but for the moment I'm still deciding.  I was going to stipple it.  That was when I thought it would be done by the 5th.  Since I'm not going to make that date, I was thinking I would hand quilt in the white space with Perle cotton, possible in various colors to match the Central Park fabric.  What would you do?  I'm open to new suggestions as well if anybody has one.  I'll also be taking a look at the Flickr group to see what everyone else did.

And for the last quilt along..which is actually the first one that I joined...I am also caught up.  I hope to get the current block done tomorrow night while watching a movie while my guys are out at the races.  For the sake of including a photo :)  I'll show the previous block.  I kinda messed this one up from the start.  The pattern I started putting to fabric was too big so it is not exactly as designed.  I did not want to scrap it, though, so I just went with it.  I think it is ok.


Now, believe it or not, I'm thinking about joining another quilt along!  It is with Melissa of  Happy Quilting.  It is going to be a stars quilt and I've been wanting to try stars.  I've been wanting to do stars for a Christmas quilt for my family.  And this looks like it might work.  I hope.

Time to get back to work.  Thanks for visiting!  Have a good weekend!

love, Lisa

4 comments:

Katie B. said...

Love your kaleidoscope, Lisa Ann! It looks awesome. I just posted pics of mine. I ended up going with straight lines after seeing some cool examples in the Flickr group.

Lavenderfeather said...

I still adore your C&V fabrics. I am behind, too. Just finishing assembled block 4 tonight, and still need to do the stitching on it. Can't wait to see them all when they're done!

Lyanna L. said...

Your farmers blocks look so great, I keep seeing them all around blogland and it's making me rethink my decision to not join in on the FQAL fun.

Beth said...

I love all your blocks, and the quilt is beautiful. No matter how you quilt it, I think it will be perfect.