Pin

August 10, 2011

Wednesday WIPS

What a week!  It seems as though I have so much going on but when I come to sew I can't decide what to work on.  I did manage to make a bit of headway in the sewing arena this week.

Quilt-a-Longs
*Kaleidoscope    This is my favorite quilt to date.  I'm just amazed that I made that top!  I did make a little change since last week.  I decided it needed a border.  So I added one.  And while I have not started the quilting, it is basted and trimmed and ready to go.
Pieced Back to Kaleidoscope
*Clover and Violet   I'm almost done with the last block and the new block came out today.  I will be done with both....tomorrow?  That is my {high} hope.
*Farmer's Wife   Well, uh, I'm caught up.  :)  But I strongly dislike Corn and Beans.  I will have to visit that little lovely at another time.

do.Good.Stitches
I have the fabrics chosen and I've read the tutorial for the block.  I just need to make them.  Maybe today!

Pretty {little} Pouch Swap
Done!  Mailed!  I just hope my partner likes it.  She should get it this week.

On-going projects
*Wonky Log Cabin for Aaliya  Top is done but I have not done the back yet.  I'll be finishing this one solo.
*Strawberry Tablecloth  No progress.  But still on the list!
*PM Quilt  No longer on hold as I have purchased the fabric and I'll be cutting as soon as I finish up one of the big quilts I have going now.  I don't want to have too many going at once.


On Hold
*Lovely quilt   One of these days this will get done.  I'm playing with the idea of finishing up before my Granny's birthday in October so it can be her gift.

7 Projects going
1 Finished

Actually, I did finish another little project.  I've been inspired to work on small, quick projects lately.  I love starting a project and finishing just a couple of hours later.  And recently I've been making kitchen items.  A couple of nights ago I made another little dishtowel.  I love it.  Not my usual kitchen style but I like it nonetheless.  I especially like the mitered corners even though they gave me a bit of trouble.



So that is my WiP Wednesday.  I'm linking up to Lee's WiP Wednesday, how about you?


More soon!  Have a blessed day! 

love, Lisa

7 comments:

Katie B. said...

Wow, I LOVE the back of your Kaleidoscope quilt! Awesome!!

Emma said...

The fabric you've used for your tea towels is lovely. What is it?

Toni said...

Your dishtowel is cute! It is nice to have some projects that are done quickly, isn't it? I think it helps my morale. And sewing for the kitchen is always fun.I'm working on a quilted dishmat this afternoon to get my mind off my unfinished quilts. Can't wait to see your finished Kaleidoscope!

Jeanette said...

Love the dishtowel, the fabric is great! Awesome mitered corners too!

Lyanna L. said...

Love the dishtowel. How did you do that? Also the corners look great!

Letterpress said...

It seems we're all taking a deep breath at this point in our summer, and taking on some smaller projects, as well as finishing up some of the big ones.

I love that pear fabric--have used it in a couple of my quilts--and what a great idea to sparkle up the kitchen. (And your miters look wonderful!)

Elizabeth E.
http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

Marci Girl said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the back of your Kaleidoscope, I will so be copying that concept! So pretty!