Pin

October 19, 2011

Celebrate-ing {Fall} Color

Have you been to Rachel's Celebrate Color? I've been wanting to make something for this with wonderful Autumn colors since it started (a month ago!). I finally did. In fact, I made 2 projects. The first bag I made using wonderful fall colored fabrics that I had available.
I picked these deep, rich colors because they are warm and bright and they say "fall" to me. I happened to have the little leaf charm (from a candle, I think) so I added it to the front.
Then I was making a pouch for the Pretty {little} Pouch Swap and I was thinking about the colors in the patchwork along with the linen and it also, struck me as fall-ish. I love red with natural linens all the time so maybe it is just the season but I think it works for fall. And what better for Fall or anytime then a book bag? I was in need of a new one, anyway! Here is the front:
Here is the back:
I'm going to check out some of the other wonderful, fall, colorful projects over at Rachel's blog! Go check them out, too!
Have a blessed day! love, Lisa

2 comments:

Connie said...

Came over from Celebrate Color to see your projects. Your purse has nice colors and your book bag is really cute -- I love the patchwork words on it

Krista said...

Great looking bags! Love purple and yellow together. :) And I love the patchwork, too.