Pin

October 3, 2011

October Monday

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I'm shocked it is already October. October! Summer is long gone and yet the warm weather still lingers here in Colorado and I'm dreaming of snow. Well, I'm really dreaming of holidays and snow is kind of a part of that, too. Anyhow...I've been sewing again. I have a couple of things finished that I thought I would put out there. I found a lovely tutorial from Anyone Can Quilt and I made a couple of projects with it. One of the stars I used for a small wall hanging in my sewing room.
The second, prettier (I think!) one ended up as a pillow.
These were so fun to make that I am considering to make a whole quilt out of them. Maybe something for my bed? Not thinking too much about it now as I am surely not going to start anything that large when I'm trying to get other projects done! I also made a little pouch for my Pretty {little} Pouch Swap partner. I hope she likes it!
The pouch I'm going to share over at Flickr but the star pillow I am going to share over at Canoe Ridge Creations' {Sew} Modern Monday.
I have not linked up over there in awhile! It will be so nice to get some inspiration for the many things I'm working on! Click the link to go over and take a look, too! And have a great day, God bless! love, Lisa

3 comments:

Katie B. said...

I love the star, and your pouch is fantastic!

Heather D. said...

I really like all of these projects, in particular that 9-patch star pattern. Really unique, I'll have to check out the tutorial.

Toni said...

What a great block! Your wall hanging and pillow are so pretty! And I love the pouch. The red stitching looks so neat!