Pin

November 13, 2011

Another Mini Post

Good evening!  I've made another mini and I finished just in time!


You see, Amylouwho's Mini Quilt Challenge is ending soon and I wanted to make a mini specifically for this fun mini-linky-virtual-party.  I set out on Friday evening to start a quick mini quilt.  I first grabbed a new Fons and Porter pyramid ruler that I had not yet used and then I just went at my stash.


I have a lovely stack of some DS Quilts fabrics with a tiny stack of some vintage looking fabrics that sits in front of me so I pulled from those.  I think I gathered and cut about a dozen different prints.  The quilt could have probably used even more!  This is what I came up with:


The pattern came with the ruler and is called 1000 Pyramids.  I had some trouble with the fabric stretching because of how it is cut.  But it all worked out to my liking in the end.  I added the red border so the finished quilt would read as more red than blue however, I think it could have gone either way. 


This little (24"x22") mini is now living above my desk with my other mini...the star  I made a couple of months ago.  And that is it!  Edited to add* I'll also be linking to Sew Modern Monday over at Canoe Ridge Creations...I only hope this counts as modern!  Head over and be inspired!  Edited to add*  Link to QuiltStory's Fabric Tuesday!  Have not been there in awhile...there are lots of beautiful projects to see!


I hope everyone had a good, blessed, productive weekend and I wish you each a good, blessed, productive week ahead! 

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. ~ Ephesians 1:3  NIV

love, Lisa




9 comments:

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

Very cute! I really like the way it turned out, and the fabric is perfect for the pattern too.

Katie said...

I love both of your minis! The red was a great choice on this one to help balance the blue.

Megan said...

Totally counts as modern! I love it! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

Kirsten N said...

Love the mix of fabrics you have use din this mini Lisa!

Quiltstory said...

This is super cute! We would love it you would link up to Fabric Tuesday's at Quiltstory@blogspot.com

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

Your mini is great! I love the pyramids and the red border is perfect! I like the mini hanging next to it too!!!

Janine said...

Love both your minis. Those pyramids look great with the red border :)

elizabeth said...

Both quilts are darling. I love mini's and have a pyramid on my list of projects to try : )

maria said...

So cute, I love your star mini too.