Pin

November 26, 2011

Autumn Runner

I have a finished project to show you but first....How was your Thanksgiving?  (If you celebrate, that is!)  Our day was perfect.  Family was together.  There was food, laughter, chatting, games, walks.  Very pleasant.

I was actually able to use the Autumn table runner that I had been working on, too.  That was nice for me to have this project finished before the end of the season came around.  


This started out as something quite different.  When I started this project I had in mind that I was a better artist so I thought each little motif would be more detailed or something.  In the photo above you can still see the pen marks that had not disappeared.  I had to draw that one several times!


However, I liked the finish enough to set it out in the family room on Thanksgiving Day.  I could not resist the little brown dot print.  I had purchased a few different fabrics and was going to make a scrappy border but I ended up just using this sweet little print by Robert Kaufman.  I love the yellow with the brown dots...that is very fall to me.  


The embroidery was done on "Quilters Linen" also by Robert Kaufman.  It was very nice to sew on.  And I chose to not use any batting in this project.  It is backed with the same quilters linen and I just sewed wrong sides together, turned it out and did very minimal straight line quilting on the front.  So easy!

Please ignore the wrinkles.  :)
I'm linking this up to Rachel's blog and her Celebrate Color festivities in the needlepoint category, of course!  And just in the nick of time...today is the last day.  Head over and see the other beautiful embroidery and other projects!  


*Edited to add link up to {Sew} Modern Monday over at Canoe Ridge Creations!


Have a wonderful weekend!  God Bless!

love, Lisa



3 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, it looks fantastic, I'd have been proud to showcase it!

Rachel Hauser said...

I think the print you paired it with really is perfect. It's very festive!

Carla said...

Wow I'm loving this runner!