Pin

November 11, 2011

A Mini Star Quilt

I've always loved the quick gratification of finishing a small project.  Especially a quilted one.  This little star was no different.  I made this about a month ago and I have posted about it before.


But this post is for this mini only.  I so was hoping to make a new mini for Amylouwho's Sew and Tell Mini Quilt party but it is almost the end of this Friday and I did not do it.


I'm going to post this and then get busy!  With any luck I'll have another mini in ...a few hours, maybe?  Think I can do it?!  I'm going to give it a go!  So, here is the star mini that I made.  I love the colors and the design/pattern.  It is a pattern from Anyone Can Quilt.

Hand quilting detail.
It was so easy to follow and I have in mind to make a big quilt using this star (and maybe a few others) in the new year.  I think it would be nice in mini as well.  This mini measures 16.5"x16.5" and is a nice addition to the blank wall above my desk.  Someday there will be more than one...maybe even later today!  Head over to Amylouwho's to see many beautiful {mini} quilts.  They are very inspiring!

Have a good night!

love, Lisa

7 comments:

Heather D. said...

Yay for stars! Love it. Your handquilting is lovely also.

Heather said...

Such beautiful, soft colors. It really is lovely!

notes of sincerity said...

Very cute!
Love your hand stitches!!

Sunni @Love Affair with my Brother said...

You did such a beautiful job! It is so lovely and the quilting sets it off perfectly!
Did you know that you are a no-reply blogger?

Kelly Irene said...

Your star looks great! I think it would look really good on a larger quilt with 2-3 other star variations :)

Kirsten N said...

Love the star Lisa! Beautiful quilting!

Rene' said...

I love your star mini! Awesome!