Pin

December 11, 2011

...

There has been lots of sewing going on around here lately.  Not a whole lot to share though.  Most of what I'm working on are gifts for Christmas.  I did finish up a small quilted wall hanging that I'd like to share now.  And later this week I am going to have a quilt done that I can show.  (This one is waaayyy over due!...my apologies to the ladies of the Peace circle!)

For now, here is the little Christmas mini that I finished up a week or so ago.


This little quilt has so many different techniques incorporated into it that at first I was not sure it was going to come together!  

There is a bit of raw edge applique for the little birdie.


The dresden is hand appliqued.  Very easy since the points are already turned under for you!


There is a bit of hand quilting around the dresden.  And the snowflakes here and there.


There is some free motion quilting, well, not really quilting, but stitching for the "Merry Christmas".


I even got in a bit of patchwork!  That is my favorite part, by the way.  Or maybe it is the tiny polka dot binding.  I'm not sure.  

I hope this holiday season is all that you want it to be!  I'm trying to stay calm in the hustle and bustle and remember that Jesus is the reason!  How are you doing?  Are your projects getting done?  Hope so!

I've got to get back to my machine and get more of these presents done!  Have a great week and God bless you and your family!

love, Lisa


1 comment:

Katie said...

Great wall hanging! I love all of it, especially your free motion writing. I have been practicing that and can't quite get it to a place I'm happy with it.