Pin

January 16, 2012

Pink Patchwork

Its time for {Sew} Modern Monday over at Canoe Ridge Creations.


I've been inspired by small projects this past week.  Wanted to make something nice, functional, sweet and definitely pink.  There was no question that I would use scraps and it would be a patchwork of neat little squares.


There was a moment when I thought I would make a table cover but even that would have been too big.  As it happens, I had the small notebook that I use for ideas sitting nearby and suddenly it seemed very naked.  All at once I knew the pink squares would become its cover.


Having been constantly inspired by the little patchwork and hand quilting of Amy and her various projects I decided to do some hand quilting here as well.  Is anyone not inspired by her work?   Her sense of style and color combination is fantastic and I just love all of the beautiful projects she makes!  



The quilt up top is my latest finish of a large project but I still do not have good photos.  (Sad face)  I hope to get to that soon so I can add it to the Flickr group finally...maybe tomorrow.

Hope you all are having a great start to the week!  God bless!

love, Lisa