Pin

January 27, 2012

Pretty Crafty Home

Have you ever visited Sandra's Cherry Heart blog?  She has a wonderful online space and she recently posted a "follow along project" for making a pretty, crafty home and I joined.  There is a Flickr group and everything!
When I read the Pretty Crafty Home post I was pleasantly surprised to know that there are others out there in blogland that are striving to improve their homes with their handmade goodies.  That is what I would like to do. I no longer want to have things just to have them.  Things that do not improve a space or make it beautiful or serve a purpose should not have a place in my home.  As a matter of fact (and I hope I'm not the only one), I know of a few corners of my home that could use a complete overhaul from such useless stuff.

But, as I know myself all too well, I'm going to be starting small.  I've committed to making some small changes over the next few days this weekend.  I've made this weekend a time to make some (mental and written) notes about what I would like to do, what I can do and what I know I will not do and maybe I'll even complete a few things on my list!  There will be much changing this list to be sure but I'm keeping my goals do-able.  I've started taking inventory in my own space-my sewing/work room.  And just to get me started  on my journey I've done one (very) small project.
This is a little pincushion from a bag of goodies I bought at an estate sale last summer.  It was not my favorite item (even though it came with two cute little thimbles) but I kept it anyway.  The velvety top, as you can see is very worn and splotchy.  Why did I keep it?  Not sure but I was determined to fix it to my liking or get rid of it.
Well, I fixed it to my liking.  I took a piece of an old embroidered cloth that was torn and stained, cut a nice piece and recovered the top.  Now I like it much better.
So, for now at least, it has kept its place on my desk.  We'll see if it stays there.

I hope you have a wonderful, crafty weekend with lots of sewing!  God bless!

love, Lisa


1 comment:

Sandra (Cherry Heart) said...

Thanks so much for the mention! Love your pincushion - it looks so pretty now!

S x