Pin

January 23, 2012

Quilt Love

Here it is!  I finished this quilt some time ago, I just did not get around to posting it.  I'm so happy with this little quilt! I think I will hang it up somewhere for a little while so I can see all of the little embroideries.
I did some very simple quilting as a frame around each of the embroidered squares.  Very simple.  And I quilted it in pink thread so it is quite visible.
I'm a little miffed at myself for not taking the time to do this by hand and I'm actually considering going back and adding some hand stitching.  Is that ok to do at this point?  I don't see why not.  I'm sure it is not traditional but hey, I'm not sure that I care about that!
By the way this is a quilt made from Clover and Violet's Embroidery 101 Stitch and Quilt Along.  This quilt along started back in May 2011 and finished up sometime in November I think.  I don't recall when I finished.
So there you have it...my first big finish of 2012!  I'm very pleased with how it turned out...mostly thanks to the sweet little designs Jennie (of Clover and Violet) came up with!  I'll be linking this finish to {Sew} Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday.  Thanks for stopping by!

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Psalm 51:10

love, Lisa

2 comments:

Katie B. said...

This is really beautiful! I don't see any reason why you couldn't add some hand-stitching at this point!

Jeanette said...

I love the softness of this quilt. I'm always making quilts in really bright colors, maybe I should take some inspiration from you and do a more muted tone. It's beautiful.