Pin

January 8, 2012

Repost

Happy Monday!

Today is the first {Sew} Modern Monday of the new year over at Canoe Ridge Creations!


I really wanted to start the year off by participating and also getting to be inspired by all of the wonderful creations that will be posted.  So, I'm re-posting about a quilt that I finished as a Christmas gift.  It was made with a layer cake of Dilly Dally fabric by Moda,, some Kona solids and a large check print from the Lisette fabric line at Joann's.


You can kinda see the large check that is the backing.  In the lower white squares I added some hand stitches flowers.  I also added the hand stitched flowers in the white strip along with some outline around the name which is raw edge appliqued.


It was finished in the nick of time!  Second one is coming soon!  

Head over and see the other inspiring projects at Canoe Ridge Creations!  If you are stopping by from there...thanks for visiting!  I love to hear from you all!

Have a wonderful day!  God Bless you!

love, Lisa





2 comments:

Artfulife said...

I love the embroidered flowers. So cute!

sue said...

What a happy quilt! It makes me smile!