Pin

January 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday

What a week!  The weather here in Colorado, though typical, is sometimes just plain crazy!  Yesterday was over 60 degrees and today it is so cold and snowing but I hear tomorrow will be back in the 50's.  At any rate, I love the snow and cold and it makes for a perfect day of sewing!  Or at least some actual sewing and some making plans to sew.   I did have one big finish this week, though!  The Clover and Violet Embroidery 101 quilt is finished!  I don't have pictures yet but will soon.  In the mean time it is off the WiP list.

I've still got plenty to keep working on for this week!

For quilt projects I only have the Dilly Dally no. 2 in the works.


I've also been working on my star blocks for the Peace circle of do.Good Stitches.  Naomi asked for stars of different kinds. I've done one but I'm not pleased with it.  The center is less than stellar and I think I will have another go at it to try to make a better one.  But I do love this particular block even if it does have inset seams.


I still have in the works an embroidery/quilting project but it is still in the planning stage.  I did pull out a project that I had really only thought of as an experiment.  I'm now trying to complete it.  I'm calling it a sampler but I'm not really sure it is one.


I have quite a ways to go with it but I like it so far.  I'll add her name and birth date and some other cute little things.  

There is one other project in the works and my sister and I have begun purchasing fabric for it but I have not started it yet.  So, including the just mentioned quilt project I have only 3 WiPs.  And for embroidery I have 2 wips but one is only being planned.  So, I have 3 wips and 2 planned wips?  

I'm going to link to WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.  Follow the links to see all the other WiPs!

Happy Wednesday!  God bless!

love, Lisa

2 comments:

Katie B. said...

Your star block looks really cool to me!

Ruth said...

I really love that star block - so clean and simple but so beautiful. The Dilly Dally looks beautiful too!