Pin

February 6, 2012

{Blissful} Sweet Pea Pillow

I've never been good at coming up with names for any of my projects.  Most of my projects end up with names that have something to do with the fabric or the pattern.  This project was no different.  (Although I did change up the fabric name a bit.)  This little pillow was made using Bliss (by Bonnie and Camille) fabric and a pattern called Sweet Pea from the book Simplify which was written by the same Camille.  With just a few changes.  :)
This actually started off as a mini quilt kind of wall hanging.  Then I decided I really wanted to have something more usable.  So it ended up being a pillow cover.  My favorite part is the quilted flange.  I'm thinking I'll try another one of these and make it with the scalloped edge.  For this project I just wanted something quick with no real challenges so I chose not to tackle the scallop edge.  But I would like to in the future.
Also, I chose a ric-rac border instead of a bow across the middle.  That choice was mostly because I did not have a ribbon that I liked but I did have the ric-rac in my stash.  By the way, this is all from my stash.  I have been hording these scraps since I made this little quilt.  Now I just have a few more precious little bits and I'm trying to find a small project to use them up.
I couldn't resist taking a picture out in the snow!  It was so lovely!  Hopefully this will cure my itch for a little quick project because I have plenty of bigger ones to get back to!  I'm linking up to Clover and Violets stash project for the first time.
Plus I'll be linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday...go over and take a look at all of the beautiful creations!

Before I close this post I have to show a photo of the amazing amount of snow we got here in the Denver area in just about 24 hours!  It was a winter wonderland for a couple of days...now we have to deal with the clean up.  There is a lot of shoveling to still do!
How was your weekend?  I hope it was blessed and safe and wonderful!  Have a beautiful day, God bless!

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. ~Ephesians 2:10


love, Lisa

16 comments:

Janine said...

I find the same with naming - so my latest quilt is called ruby butterfly! Love your blissful sweet pea cushion- really pretty :)

Heather D. said...

Very sweet. Love the snow too!!

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

Oh I love your pillow! I made Norah the Sweet Pea quilt out of Bliss too...with a few changes as well. Maybe she needs one of these pillows for her room too?

Good luck with the snow. I almost miss snowy winters, until I remember what shoveling is like!

Katie said...

Very pretty, I <3 Bliss!

Krista said...

I used Bliss to make my very first quilt! The pillow is a beauty, great job! I look forward to seeing this scalloped edge you speak of!

Connie said...

How beautiful, the ric-rac really adds a lot to it. Love the photo in the snow! I would love to have you link up to my linky party!
Quilting by the River

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

The colors you used in your pillow really pop against the snow in the background. Love the heart photos you are using in your banner.

Visiting from Fabric Tuesday, Debra

Taryn said...

Beautiful! I love the picture of it in the snow!

Cherilyn said...

This is so cute! Love the picture in the snow!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Such a lovely pillow!

Carla said...

our pillow is adorable. Great use of that fabric.

Karen said...

The fabrics you have chosen for this pillow are simply beautiful and the ric rac gives it a fresh, modern look. I am an Aussie who dreams of living in the snow (it is hot, hot summer here right now) so thank you for the snow pics. I found you through Linky Party Tuesday. Cheers, Karen.

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

So pretty! I love the ric-rac!

iluvmybugs said...

Very pretty pillow..love that fabric!! TFS
~Terry~

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

beautiful pillow and great pictures!

matratzenbezug said...

Wish to order the same kinda pillow for me as well. It is so relaxing and unique.