Pin

February 29, 2012

Leap Day WiP Wednesday

Happy Leap Day!  Isn't everyone excited to have an extra day on the calendar?  I know I am!  One more day to get stuff done and be with loved ones.  That is always a good thing in my book.  Today I am going to see my niece off to Afghanistan and any chance I get to see this girl is a good thing!

Now for the wip's!
Quilt projects:
*Christy's quilt - coming along very nicely.  I'm almost done with the quilting and I'll be doing the binding soon after!

*Scrap Jar Stars for do.Good Stitches - I've got most of the blocks in and I've been playing with ideas for putting this top together.
*FWQAL - No blocks this week...so far.  I do have to find more fabrics as I'm running out of the scraps I've been using thus far.

Embroidery projects:
*Baby Girl Sampler - Is finished!  I'm not sure why I've been calling it a sampler as I'm not sure that it actually is a sampler.  I like it nonetheless.

I think I'm going to have it framed.  Maybe I can try doing this myself.  Has anyone tried to frame an embroidery on their own before?  I'd like to know how it was, if it is worth trying myself.
Crochet project:
King ripple - Also coming along well.  I think it will actually be done soon.  I'm not following a pattern so pretty much it will be done when I think I have enough rows.  I've several more to go still.
I still have plenty to work on as you can see but I'm making progress on each of these which is what counts, right?  And with the embroidery finished, I have more time to work on the others.  Plus, I think that this is the week to start something new!  I'm excited.  Now I have to figure out what that will be.  I'm going over to Lee's blog to see the other wip's and get some ideas for that new project!
Have a great {leap} day!  God bless!

By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. ~Proverbs 24:3-4

love, Lisa

4 comments:

CityHouseStudio said...

How fun to see the scrap jar stars coming together!
I dropped my blocks off at the post office yesterday -- hopefully you'll get them this week!

Katie B. said...

I'm really excited to see how you put the Scrap Jar stars together!

Naomi said...

I like how you have the scrap jar blocks laid out! I can't wait to see what you do with them!!

Karen said...

It's all so wonderful! I have done some cross stitch framing myself. YOu can pick up foam core backing board at Michaels in the cross stitch section. It comes in 2 thicknesses. You just peel off the backing and stick your handwork to the sticky part and then put it in a frame. Unless you need a strange size frame, it's easy peasy :)