Pin

February 24, 2012

Patchwork Birdie

I've been working to finish up a couple of wip's that I've had going on for some time now.  Namely a baby sampler embroidery for my newest niece and a twin sized quilt for my youngest sister.  Yesterday when I finally had some time to sew I looked at these two projects and just could not get going on either of them.  I often feel this way about a project I've been seeing too much of  and I need something to break up the process.  I needed an in-between project.
 We were in the midst of snow and gray skies yesterday so naturally I though of making a pretty, pink and pastel colored birdie.  She's a potholder complete with Insul-bright and crochet trim. 
This was a quick and fun little project that was just the break I needed.  Now that I've had this break I'm ready to get back to some wip's!  
*Edited to add:  Linking to {Sew} Modern Monday over at Canoe Ridge Creations!  And a link to JAQ's Studio Made By ME linky party also!  Enjoy!

Have a great Friday!  God Bless!

It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart... ~Philippians 1:7

love, Lisa

13 comments:

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

Oh cute! Though, I don't know if I could actually use it as a potholder, I'd be worried about stains!

Carla said...

How adorable!

Sandra (Cherry Heart) said...

It's beautiful. I love that it's useful too, although I'm not sure I'd ever want to see it get dirty either!

S x

Nicole said...

How cute and practical!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

This is the cutest potholder I've ever seen!!!!

Q @ JAQS said...

OH MY! This is SOOO cute!

Love for you to share this at my Wednesday's "Made by ME" linky party here:
http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

Kristi said...

Stopping by from JAQS. Love this. I am always looking for ways to use my scraps and this is perfect!! I also could really use some new potholders. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for linking up.

Wendy said...

how cute! What a lovely idea, I think I'd be too scared of getting it dirty though.

Maysem said...

OH MY!! That is too too cute!! If you decide to sell it or make more to sell...let me know! I definitely would be interested:D

Maysem @ odetoinspiration.wordpress.com

Cathy said...

cute, cute, cute~ :)
Happy to meet another Sister in Jesus!

Karen said...

Adorableness!!!

Christine said...

I love it!

hron said...

Your Patchwork Birdie potholder is SO PRECIOUS!!!! Do you have a pattern you would be willing to share? I'd LOVE to make a few of these for friends. - Marcia