Pin

February 15, 2012

PCH on WiP Wednesday

Well, my WiP list looks pretty much the same as it did last week.  But I'm still going to link up at Lee's WiP Wednesday because there is one big change!
I've been working on organizing the mess I call my work/sewing room.  This has been a huge work in progress this week.  I have hopes of having the bulk of it done so I can sew on Friday after work (FNSI!) which I will finish early in the day so I can get a big head start on a certain quilt top.  I've joined up with Sandra over at Cherry Heart in her Pretty Crafty Home venture.  I decided recently that the best place for me to start would be in my own space so I promptly got to work....making a bigger mess than there was before!
I did manage to get some organizing done but the whole room is not nearly finished.  Figuring out what to keep and what to discard was easy enough when I started with some small corners of the room and its overflowing contents.  I've always wanted the threads and buttons to be more organized but never had the will to actually do it.  Until now.  And before I post the before photo, please know that this is quite embarrassing.  Don't judge me.  Please.  My shelves were messy.  I admit it!   Here is what I did accomplish:
Before
After
When all the mess was nice and neat a a few little deer moved into the cabinet to live on the {very} old mayonnaise jar of  buttons that used to be my Granny's.
Little deer.
 Now about the sewing...Not much has been done on that front as my machine is surrounded by a mess of papers and magazines and stuff. (Does anyone have a rule about how long to keep magazines?  Which ones?  How to store them?  I could use some help in this area.)  This, though, has freed up time to embroider and crochet.  The ripple has about 8 more rows of color.  The baby girl sampler is almost done!  Forward progress has been made!  Now I'm going to head over to Freshly Pieced to see what kind of sewing has been going on for others!  You should, too!

Have a great day and God bless!

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. ~Ephesians 3:12


love, Lisa

No comments: