Pin

March 12, 2012

Goals Met

Hello!  Can you believe it is nearly mid-March already?  I have so many plans and ideas but I don't feel like there is enough time in the day or days in the week, etc.!  I did manage my time pretty well this week and managed to get some things done.  I finished a quilt for my sister, Christy.  She really likes it!  I'm so relieved!  I did enjoy making this quilt and I'm pleased that it did not go on into forever.  I have a knack for taking way too long on some projects!  Here is the finished quilt with the specifics below.
I had fun taking it out Sunday morning with my Andy to his work.  I so did not want to take pictures in my drab, brown backyard again.  The industrial equipment was perfect, I think.
The above picture is the back.  I love it!  I should have shaken out the wrinkles though, sorry!  Below is one more just for fun.
Quilt specifics:
Pattern- Coming Home by Camille Roskelley from the book Simplify.
Fabrics - Prints from Tula Pink, Bonnie and Camille, Lecien,  Liz Scott, American Jane, Anna Maria Horner
Anna Griffin and Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton.
Quilted- by me.

Plus, I met my goal for this week!  I joined in on the fun over at Amy's Creative Side with the One Thing, One Week Challenge.  I challenged myself to make 11 Farmer's Wife blocks.  I actually made 12.  I just wanted to keep it all even.  It got me to 50 completed blocks!  And it was fun again.  Once I got going and changed my mind about matchy-matchy the blocks had to be it did become fun again.  I originally started with the intention of only using scraps but somewhere along the way I was trying to make everything match.  That is not going to happen so I just pulled scraps I like and used 'em up.  Here are the blocks I finished.
 I'm linking my finished quilt up to {Sew} Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday !

And I'll be linking my met goal up to the One Thing, One Week Challenge, too.

Have a good week!  God Bless!

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but whoever hates correction is stupid. ~Proverbs 12:1

love, Lisa

8 comments:

Katie B. said...

Your sister's quilt is so beautiful! I love what you did with the back.

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I love the "photo shoot" for this quilt!!! Your FW blocks look beautiful too!

Dee said...

Congratulations on meeting your goals! How awesome for you!

Your sister's quilt reminds me (color, picture, setting) of seeds just waiting to be planted!

Beautiful!

Karen said...

What a totally gorgeous quilt & I LOVE the back....
Great photo shoot1 :)

The Thompsons said...

The quilt is beautiful & the pictures are a lot of fun!

Kim said...

Your sister's quilt turned out beautiful! I also love your farmer's wife blocks....I have a feeling this is another fad I will be jumping onto!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Elaine said...

Wow, what a pretty quilt and I love, love, love that last photo of it!

Kelli said...

What a pretty quilt, and I love the picture of it on the equipment! And I think your FW blocks are beautiful! I'm a new follower. Popped over from Fabric Tuesday. :o)
xo