Pin

March 28, 2012

WiP Wednesday

I've missed a couple of weeks of WiP Wednesday and I've been off track in my sewing all week.  Sounds strange, I know, but I had no list or  record of all the things I have going on and that made it difficult to organize my thoughts and get any sewing done.  (Also, I must say that my sewing space is in shambles because of a recent relocation that my son initiated.  This definitely did not help!)  So, I'm back this week to list my works in progress so that in the next few days I can have some more productive sewing time.  I sure hope Lee never quits hosting!
Quilting projects:
*do. Good Stitches -  I'm having a hard time finding a backing and binding fabric/s that I like.  Any suggestions?

*Farmers Wife QAL - I've got fabrics chosen for the next several (6-7) blocks and I hope to cut and sew these tomorrow!

Sewing projects:
*Patchwork birdies - I really love making these scrappy little guys!  One day a week or so ago when my mind was jumbled ( because I had no list of wip's) I started getting scraps together.  I ended up making 5 little bird patchworks.  Now they are almost done!
*P{l}PS4 - I joined the pouch swap again.  Here are the fabrics I'm trying out...hoping my partner will like them.  Natural linen and a buttery yellow print by French General.  I'll be looking for more fabrics to add.

Embroidery projects:
*Sashiko 1 - Clever name, right?  It is the first sashiko embroidery I've tried.  Though, I did not follow the norm here.  Instead I chose to use Anchor floss and many colors rather than just one.
Now I just need to figure out what to do with it.  Another pillow maybe or a mini quilt?

Crochet project:
*King ripple - Still coming along.  Need more yarn.

6 projects being worked on.  Most likely will be more next week unless I happen to finish one (or two!)!  Hope all is well!  Have a good rest of the week!

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ... ~Ephesians 3:17-18

love, Lisa

9 comments:

Marg said...

I love the do.Good Stitches quilt top. Maybe you could piece the back with scraps and a scrappy biding?
The quilted birds are really cute.

Carla said...

Your scrappy quilt is fantastic!

Nicole said...

You've been busy, Lisa! Those birdies are cute! What a great way to use up some scraps.

Samantha said...

love the do. Good stitches top! such great blocks! Scrappy backing and binding sounds great, unless there is one particular color you want to feature?

Scrap,Quilt, Preach said...

what a lovely do good stitches quilt. i must remember that pattern and color story. Have you thought about a rainbow colored batik for the back? It may pull all the colors together.

Katie B. said...

I'm kind of obsessed with your scrap jars quilt top! Whatever you choose for the backing/binding will look awesome.
Those birdies are really cute. :)

Connie said...

Your little birdies are too cute! How about using a scrappy binding on your quilt?

Wendy said...

That quilt is stunning! I think you could use any backing fabric to go with that... how about a bright solid? Or some of the new Quilt Blocks range?

Love the Sashiko too!

Katie said...

I love all of these projects! And if you have me for the PLPS, I would be so happy with the French General fabric. I haven't been keeping up with commenting on the swap page.