Pin

April 19, 2012

Awards + Swaps + UFO's

Hello!  What wonderful spring weather we are having here in Colorado...very conducive to  gardening and yard work but not to sewing!  Even so, I have managed to get a few sewing related projects completed and even started a few!  I have lots to show but that will have to wait.  I've had a couple of nice swaps and I wanted to share here.  But first, I have been chosen by the sweet Jennie of Click.Snap.Swoosh.Laugh for a Liebster Award.  It is for small blogs with less than 200 followers.

Jennie put on her post that she is not sure how she feels about blog awards.  I'm kinda the same.  Actually, I had never really thought about them.  Sounds ok, though, and I really admire her sewing and photography so I'm going with it!  I'm also going to state as she did, that if I nominate you and you don't want the award or just don't do blog awards, that is a.o.k. with me!  I won't be offended or upset or anything.  This is just for fun anyway, right?!  So here are my nominations (which by the way I could only come up with 4 blogs that I read that have less than 200 followers):
1.  Katie of Unconventional Katie
2.  Becky of Solar Threads (I've been reading since she was Becky's Blabber)
3. Maysem of  Ode to Inspiration (who gave me an award also!  Thanks!)
4.  Susan of So-Sue  (I'm new to her blog but what I've read so far I like!)

In accepting the Liebster Blog Award you agree to :
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Link back to their blog
3. Copy and paste the Liebster award to your profile
4. Pick 5 blogs that you feel deserve to be in the spotlight (they must have under 200 followers)
5. Blog about it and leave a comment for {or send an e-mail to} your nominations to let them know that you have chosen their blog.

Thanks, Jennie!


Now, do you remember these little birds I made?
.

Well, I had a couple of nice ladies that were willing to swap with me and I'm so glad we did!  It was nice to receive a handmade gift in the mail.  The first swap was with Susan of So-Sue.  She chose the little red bird and to swap she made me a potholder using the fabric scraps from this wonderful project.  Isn't it pretty?

I also swapped a couple of birds with Maysem of Ode to Inspiration.  She sent me a super cute set of coasters that she makes.  I love these!  So simple and super charming!  Thanks, Ladies!
Maysem also chose my little blog for an award and I will post about that soon! 


And last but not least, there are several projects that I would like to list for the  2012 Finish-A-Long Q2 hosted by Quilter in the Gap.  
I'm going to put a couple of  lingering projects on the list.
1.  First I really want to finish the Strawberry Tablecloth that I started last year!
2.  I really want to make a summertime/picnic quilt.  I've had the fabrics for a long time and they are slowly being used for other projects...I hope I have enough for a top left!
3.  I want to finish the FWQAL quilt.  I would really like if it were finished for the Spring Bloggers Quilt Festival which starts on May 18th!  I better hurry!


I could probably add more to this list but I do not want to make it impossible to finish.  This short list is going to be hard enough to finish!   That's it for now!   Back soon!
God Bless you!


Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners...  1 Timothy 1:15


love, Lisa

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the award, Lisa!! I am so glad you like the pot holder. I'm definitely enjoying the cute bird you made! :)

Maysem said...

Congratulations on the award, and thanks for passing it on to me!! Also thanks bunches for doing the swap with me:) I LOVE my new pot holders!!

Maysem @ Ode to Inspiration