Pin

May 7, 2012

A New Sewing Kit

Clover + Violet are having a sewing tutorial series for the summertime.  How fun, right?! 


This week there were a couple of tutorials for sewing kits and I thought I would play along.  I made my own version of a sewing kit to include the features I thought I would use/need most as I'm stitching on the go.


I used Daisy Cottage by Lori Holt for most of the outside and the inside pockets.  The trim fabric is a Riley Blake solid.  On the inside it is the Daisy Cottage + a bit of Wild World by Jenean Morrison.  The colors matched perfectly!


On the inside I included pockets and loops of elastic to hold various items.  I made a removable needle roll and pincushion.  I think I may add a little zipper pouch for the inside to carry smaller notions.  Hmmm...


The needle roll just rolls up and ties to fit inside and can hold many needles.  The pincushion has a Velcro back to keep it attached when not in use.  And that is it!  What a fun little project.  I think I may tweak the design a bit and make up a couple more for gifts.  

Also linking to:


God Bless!

God writes through us and however imperfect instruments we may be, He writes beautifully.  ~Mother Theresa

love, Lisa

3 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I really like it! Good job!

Carla said...

Very cute. Love the quote from Mother Theresa

Wendy said...

Oh lovely! Love the fabrics and such a great, personalised design