Pin

May 15, 2012

Prayer Pillow

Hi!  You know today is Fabric Tuesday and I have a little project I want to share.  It was a gift for my own Mom for Mother's Day.  By the way, how was your Mother's Day?  I hope it was a wonderful as my own day was!  There was breakfast with my guys, my sweet girl and her BFF gave me a bath set and my boys gave me a beautiful terracotta pot that I had been eyeing.  They made dinner on the grill and gave me several hours to sew in complete peace!  It was great!


Part of my gift to my Mom was a pillow that I made her.


I used some dark, rich colored French General fabric, which is just what she likes!  The center is a vintage doily.  And the stitching is my own.  I put a favorite verse on there with a little ring of flowers.  (Very much inspired by this project. )


The back is more piecing with the dresden petals.  I also did an invisible zipper...my first.  I came out pretty well.


And that is one more project done!  I like the way it turned out and may use more of the vintage doilies in this way.

Have a great day!  God bless!

Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls. ~Mother Teresa


love, Lisa

2 comments:

Cathy said...

This prayer pillow is beautiful! I'd never have thought of putting it together like that. Well done job! YES...Pray without Ceasing!!! ♥♥♥

Patchwork and Play said...

Oh I love the French General fabrics in the Dresden! You have given me an idea!! (Like I need another one!!!)