Pin

June 22, 2012

Making a Pretty Crafty {Room}

So, this is part of my attempt to keep up with the Pretty Crafty Home with Sandra's Cherry Heart blog.
 
When she posted for June to be a month of "Something for Nothing" I was so interested!  I knew the perfect project to get started on.  I spent a couple of hours last week organizing closets and moving some items around in my sewing room and was discouraged at not being able to achieve the look I wanted so I decided right then and there it was time to make some changes!


I've longed for an area in my room where little visitors can come to play (with toys and such...not my stuff!).  I spied this child's bench/ toy box last summer at a garage sale and got it for $3.  The condition is good even though the color is bland and I really quite hate the decoupage over the black painted seat.


My idea is to paint it, of course, after removing the decoupage, and then make a little seat cushion and a couple of small pillows for it.  I have the paint and I've pulled some fabrics to match for the cushion cover and I'm sure I can find some fabric for the pillows as well.  (The quart of paint up there was free by the way with a coupon from Ace Hardware!  So it is definitely keeping with the theme for June!)

This little bench is not the end of it.  I have a plan to make it a cute little corner of my room that has some fun toys and books and pretty things for the little girls that sometimes visit me.  I'm so excited to get started!  This weekend is going to be hot!  I plan on staying in my cool basement sewing room and getting this project done by Monday.

Have a great weekend!  Happy Sewing!

The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. ~Psalm 121:7-8
love, Lisa

2 comments:

Sandra (Cherry Heart) said...

I love the bench/box, what a great find. I love your plans for the transformation too. Can't wait to see how it looks when you are done! Keep us posted and thanks for the mention :)

S x

Wendy said...

Amazing find - I'd love a bench like that. You should enter it in my competition when it's done!

http://thecraftersapprentice.blogspot.com/2012/05/something-old-something-new-competition.html